Monday, September 15, 2008

Small Task #4 - Answer the Call

The genius of our founders is that they designed a system of government that can be changed. And we should take heart, because we've changed this country before. In the face of tyranny, a band of patriots brought an Empire to its knees. In the face of secession, we unified a nation and set the captives free. In the face of Depression, we put people back to work and lifted millions out of poverty. We welcomed immigrants to our shores, we opened railroads to the west, we landed a man on the moon, and we heard a King's call to let justice roll down like water, and righteousness like a mighty stream.

Each and every time, a new generation has risen up and done what's needed to be done. Today we are called once more - and it is time for our generation to answer that call
. - Barack Obama

Are you ready to answer the call? Are you ready to work for change? Because it’s time. It’s time to volunteer.

http://action.barackobama.com/page/s/volunteer/

free image hosting

And remember,

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little - Edmond Burke

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I decided to answer the call yesterday. After going to the Obama website many times before, and perusing the volunteering activities, I decided that I couldn't sit back and assume that other people would cover my area. So I signed up to do the Neighbor to Neighbor canvass. I printed out my list of 45 neighbors, printed out 45 Obama flyers, and 10 packets with forms to register to vote (in case anyone wasn't registered but wanted to be). I'm going to go out next Saturday or Sunday with my 7-year-old and canvass my neighborhood. Even if I can't change any voters minds, it will be good exercise and a good learning experience for my daughter.

Anne Margaret said...

Awesome!

Everytone knows I am already campaigning my heart out up here, but I've said before about me being a volunteer leader, too.

I am totally copying that quote to put on my e-mail signature when I send out messages begging for help!!

Thank You!

Anonymous said...

Printed my "Wisconsin Women" call list just now! Have to wait until after work though. ;)
This is going to be a tough state, I want to do all I can to help!!!!

knodel said...

I signed up to register voters in my area!

ChelleBelle said...

I just signed up! My state is solidly red, but maybe I can make calls in some battleground states!

Anonymous said...

I did it! I called 20 WI women right in my town!! It was scary, as I've never done anything like it before..but it felt so good!
Unfortunately though, about 10 calls were not home, so I had to leave a message. 5 were disconnected numbers, 4 were undecided and didn't want to talk, and ONE was already a supporter. I think I all but told her I loved her. :D
Still, every little bit helps. And I'm going to call more tonight!