Saturday, September 13, 2008

Small Task #2 - Your Fundamental Right

There is no more fundamental right accorded to United States citizens by the Constitution than the right to vote. The unimpeded exercise of this right is essential to the functioning of our democracy – Barack Obama

Today’s small task is simple. There is a wonderful new website that I learned about in an email from the Obama campaign. Your task is easy. Just click on this link

www.voteforchange.com

On this site you can register to vote (or confirm that you are already registered), request to vote absentee and find your polling location. After you click though the site it will give you the option to email the site to your family and friends. Email it! Forward it on! You would be surprised how many people show up on election day only to find they aren’t registered. Don’t let this happen to you or anyone you know. We MUST have all our votes counted.

free image hosting

12 comments:

Katie said...

I confirmed that I'm registered and passed on the link!

Anonymous said...

I'm registered! I also filled out the forms to absentee vote and am mailing them in on Mon. Posted vote for change on my myspace and facebook websites!!

ChelleBelle said...

Done and done! I confirmed that I'm registered, and I posted the link on my facebook page so all my facebook friends can see it!

Anonymous said...

I confirmed I was registered and posted the link on my myspace page.

Anonymous said...

I confirmed that I am registered to vote and I sent the link to everyone in my address book!!

Anonymous said...

I posted a bulletin on myspace. Hopefully people will check it out. For yesterday's task I wrote my grandpa, and he says he agrees with me. Yay! One task down!

Obama 08

Anonymous said...

I checked to see f my in laws were registered they aren't. I got the info to mail in so they can register and vote for Obama!

Unknown said...

I think this is a wonderful site that will save a lot of people confusion. I actually work at a polling station in MA, and so many people show up at the wrong one. So I think this site will be very helpful. I forward this to everyone I know.

MBT4679 said...

I sent this to several people on my email list and hope they click it. I realized I'm not registered under my married name, and while I still have my unexpired license from my maiden name, I didn't want there to be ANY problems at the polls. So I am re-registering.

Knodel said...

I'm registered and so is everyone I know~

Anonymous said...

So, I combined Task 1 and 2... I send out an email to family, friends, and coworkers stating my reasons for supporting Obama. Then I asked who they were voting for, and why, and how convinced they are of their candidate's capability to be a great President. Some have replied that they are not convinced either way, so then I send the link for Obama's website. I am also making sure that everyone is registered to vote and plans to exercise their democratic right on Nov. 4!

Anonymous said...

A little late in posting, but I have a stack of blank voter registration forms that I carry around with me. When I bump into someone I know, I ask them if they're registered and offer to help them if they're not.

I will be taking a stack of registration cards down to the county election HQ at the end of the week.

We vote by mail so I offered to help get those ballots collected too! It's one thing to get them registered, but we need to ensure they actually vote as well!